Round Five 2018-19
Our fifth internal and final DPI competition of the year took place on the 28th February, and much like the previous rounds we had to reduce the number of entries allowed per person, due to having far too many photographs submitted to make for comfortable judging in one evening. Again many of our new members entered too, some for the first time, bringing the total of different entrants to 19.
The event was divided into four separate DPI competitions; Colour, Monochrome, Nature and the theme of Yellow.
Our judge for the evening was Vin Scothern DPAGB AFIAP PPSA BPE5* who wasn’t daunted by the large number of entries and provided some great feedback on our photographs to help members at all levels improve their images. Vin was particularly impressed with the nature section, commenting that all the held back images could have won and would stand up well at any other club.
We’d like to publicly thank Vin for doing an excellent job with such enthusiasm that left everyone in good spirits, even those who didn’t do quite as well as they hoped.
A special mention should go to first time winner Gavin Brand for his entry in the Yellow section, and to first time entrants Brian Garner, for an excellent third place in the monochrome section, and Steve Giles, for a commended entry in the nature section.
- 1st Paul Burrows – Banjo Pier at sunset
- 2nd Paul Burrows – Concentration
- 3rd David Kissman – Hard Times
- Commended Tony Walker – Brighton Palace Pier
- Commended Andy Kind – Crowded Lunch
- Commended Tony Walker – Rotterdam old harbour
- 1st Tony Walker – Evening Commute
- 2nd Paul Burrows – Birnbeck Pier
- 3rd Brian Garner – Enjoying the View
- Commended Rob Cuss – Bin
- Commended David Kissman – Departure by Steam
- Commended Gavin Brand – Thames Apartments
- 1st Paul Burrows – Grey Wagtail
- 2nd Rob Cuss – Guillemot swimming
- 3rd Rob Cuss – Osprey
- Commended Tony Walker – Bee v Hoverfly
- Commended Steve Myall – Peppered Moth – camouflaged
- Commended Steve Giles – Puffin in freefall
- 1st Gavin Brand Yellow Line – Journey Home
- 2nd Paul Burrows – Letter Box
- 3rd Steve Myall – Lines and Checks
- Commended Tony Walker – Cube Houses
- Commended Paul Burrows – Sunflower in cornfield
- Commended Natalie Burrows – Yellow Taxis Outside Radio City