Round Six 2018-19
The final rounds in our Internal Competitions were held on Thursday March 21st. Ashley Franklin ARPS APAGB ABPPA came along to assess our images over four sections of prints, these being open colour, open monochrome, nature and the theme of portraiture where the featured person had to have been asked to pose for the photograph.
We didn’t have quite as many prints as in previous rounds but we still had enough to allow Ashley to take his time with each image, offering well thought out and very helpful critiques of the photographs presented to him, which was welcomed by all entrants. It was also great to see some of our newer members entering for the first time, and it soon became apparent that we have some more talented photographers among our ranks – one of whom took first place in three of the sections.
We would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Ashely for doing such a sterling job whilst entertaining the audience with his welcome comments, quotes, and at times, humorous observations.
Now, as all the heats are complete, we have to wait until the AGM (April 25th) to discover who has won each section overall and has their name added to the illustrious annual records of KCC winners.
- 1st Steve Giles – Parrot Tulip
- 2nd Mark Kranich – The Milky Way
- 3rd Tony Walker – People watching
- Commended Paul Burrows – Dunstanburgh sunrise
- Commended Tony Walker – River Jetty
- Commended Paul Burrows – Rough sea
- 1st Steve Giles – Weary First
- 2nd Stephen Kelsall – Treescape
- 3rd Paul Burrows – Charlestown Harbour
- Commended David Kissman – GSK – Carbon Neutral Laboratory
- Commended Mark Kranich – Split Infinity
- Commended Paul Burrows – The Stone Bridge
- 1st David Kissman – Southern Migrant Hawker in flight
- 2nd Paul Burrows – Coot feeding chick
- 3rd Steve Giles – Swans at sunset
- Commended Philip Green – Toque Macaques Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Commended Tony Walker – Wild flowers
- Commended Paul Burrows – Wren
- 1st Steve Giles – Moroccan
- 2nd David Kissman – Fisherman’s break for coffee
- 3rd Paul Burrows – Retired Peaky Blinder
- Commended Stephen Kelsall – Contemplation
- Commended Philip Green – Imogen
- Commended Mark Kranich – Look at me, look at ME!